Bertrange/Holzem – A ride into the night sky
DEPARTURE: on Friday, July 28 at 8:30 PM from PIRATE SHIP in the city park, next to the intersection between Boulevard du Prince Henri and Avenue Monterey. Please be there on time.
ROUTE: We will follow the road to Belair, next we will join some cycling route to Bertrange, enjoy the golden and sunset on a hook towards Holzem, where we’ll stop near a bench to watch the moon reappearing from the lunar eclipse.
LENGTH: about 1 hour to reach the destination (14 km) – then expect to be back at around 1:00 AM. We may be moving around Bertrange and Holzem until we find the perfect spot; if you need to leave earlier we’ll provide guidance.
TYPE OF BICYCLE: any bike with good brakes and lights, Vel’Oh will do as well.
RECOMMENDED STUFF: warm clothes (we can feel cold while idling at night, even during a hot summer night), water, snacks, some stories to tell.
OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT: camera, tripod, red flash light, sleeping bag, trekking mattress.
DIFFICULTY LEVEL: easy and flat
- 21:23 Sunset
- 21:16 Moonrise, mostly hidden by partial eclipse
- 21:30 Total eclipse begins
- 22:20 to 22:26: ISS passover 1
- 22:21 Maximum eclipse
- 23:13 Total eclipse ends
- 23:56 to 00:01: ISS passover 2
- 00:19 end of partial eclipse
- 01:28 Penumbral eclipse ends
- 01:33: ISS passover 3 (lasting only 20 seconds)
- More information about the lunar eclipse.
- National Geographic: Essentials on lunar eclipse.
- GPS track.
DISCLAIMER: Ride at your own responsibility.