You are kindly invited to the first B:tour taking you back to the history of the Roman empire.
We will ride to Goeblange and visit Villa Romaine:
and then head to Nospelt (famous for its emaischen) and towards Mamer’s Thermes Romains, where we’ll stop for a short picnic snack:
Departure: Thursday May 25 2017 (Ascension Day) at 14:00 in Luxembourg City at the park near the boat (intersection Avenue Monterey & Boulevard du Prince Henri).
Planned arrival: the bike tour will finish (hopefully) at around 19:00 at the departure point.
What to bring: a bicycle, clothes according to weather forecast, water, some drinks and food.
Itinerary/map (direct link):
- you are responsible for your own safety; some instructions will be provided before departure at the meeting point,
- the speed of the group is equal to the speed of the slowest member of the group,
- there’s no such thing as bad weather; so the event will be postponed only if the weather is hazardous,
- the area near Villa Romaine is not suitable for road bikes as it is on a track/roman road; but since it’s the area we’re going to visit, it can be pushed,
- some segments are on the road (CR between Olm and Goeblange, and unclassified road to Nospelt) where traffic is usually low,